Thursday, August 21, 2014

DIY Tumblr Inspired Room

Hey y'all, I've been really inspired to make my room my own and add a little bit more "flair" to it. So I've seen so many people hang Christmas lights in their rooms year round and I thought that was adorable and it looks really nice at night. So here is a DIY I sorta put together. 






Around the wall of my room, I put up little clear command strips.
Then I looped the ribbon on those command strips. Tying a knot on the command strips when I got to them, so that it could stay sturdy and maintain that "u" shape.
Next, I bought clothes pins (Dollar Tree) and painted them with different colors and designs. (I stuck to the colors white,pink,purple, and yellow.) I positioned the clothespins on the ribbon about 5 inches apart.
I found the pictures (things you like, quotes, food, places) off of weheartit and pinterest and just printed those out on card-stock.
After that, I hung the pictures on the clothespins that were on the ribbon around my room. 
Finally, I hanged up the Christmas lights in a bigger "u" shape under the ribbon and pictures; so that the lights  look like its highlighting the pictures. 






Hope you all enjoyed this post. 

Stylin' & Livin,'

Sheika 

Hebrews 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...