Friday, December 29, 2017

My Year in Review | 2017

This year has been filled with lots of new challenges and opportunities that I did not see coming when 2017 started. I am grateful for this year and what it has taught me about myself and those that I surround myself around.

On Snapchat, many of my friends were posting pictures of themselves from each month of the year, so I figured instead of doing it on Snapchat, I'll just do it on here for y'all to see. This post will also provide a recap of where I been this whole year like I promised in my last post and why I was not keeping up with this blog as much as I would like. 

Let's Begin... 

January 

I am so happy to start off my new year with celebrating my birthday on Jan. 2nd. 

February 

My school always have a winter formal in February, so here is a couple of my friends and I enjoying ourselves.

March

I love volunteering. Some people from my school and I are volunteering with Hosea Feed the Hungry. 

April

My dance team for my college performing at an annual school event called Stomp the Lawn. 


May

My brother graduated from GSU *Southern* in early May, and surprisingly it was soo cold and chilly on this day.

My sister also graduated from high school in late May. 


June 

I started my Human Resources internship at a bank in Iowa. I will have another post talking about my internship experience and how I was able to go there and get that experience. 


July

4th of July, I went to a county fair in Iowa and rode many rides. Fun fact, at the end of this ride I was not smiling, I was in fact dizzy and nauseous.

A couple of the interns and I at a bank wide event. 


August


Ended the internship program with an out of office fun event for all the interns that I actually planned and set up. 


Later that month, I started my junior year of college. I am a the Co-President for NSLS at my school and we had a clubs and organization fair for all the new students. 

September 

Fun roller skating night at school. 


October 

Photoshoot with dance team at school. This picture was just all the juniors who are on the dance team and to be honest we make up more than half of the team. 


November 

Fun SkyZone night with my junior class. 


December 


Annual event at my school called Boar's Head. There is a whole musical celebration and program for the whole student body and even alums to attend. After the celebration is an after party which is depicted here. This year the theme was Great Gatsby; they had mocktails and all. It was too cute. 



Selfie before the Christmas Eve service at my church. 




Livin' & Stylin' 

Sheika 

Hebrews 6:19





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...