Thursday, July 28, 2016

Where to Shop for Your Dorm



If you were anything like me before my freshman year of college, I looked for every kind of list as to what to bring for college. If you didn't know Bed, Bath and Beyond have wonderful lists of what you should bring for your dorm pertaining directly for your college/university. So I definitely used that list to help me out.

{Before Going Shopping}

Talk to your roommate/ suitmates: Before going shopping for your dorm, especially if you are sharing a room with another person, talk with them to see what he/she is bringing, so you all won't have many duplicates in such a small space. Also, it is good to talk to your roommate beforehand to see if you all want  a color coordinate and/or theme for the dorm room.

Make a list of what you will need to purchase.

Look online before you go to your stores to see their store ads and what they might have on sale.

Look on Pinterest or online to see different pictures of how other decorated their dorms to get ideas for your dorm.

{Where to Shop}

I know everyone always think of Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Walmart for the go to places for dorm shopping, but there are many other places that are also budget friendly to shop at for your dorm. 

 1. TJ Maxx/ Marshalls/  Burlington: They have a wonderful selection for almost all of your college dorm essentials. I actually found my comforter from TJ Maxx last year.
2. Dollar Tree: Great for little storage bins. I purchases two small glass vase from here for my makeup brushes, and I put a monogram on the front of it. So really try to be creative.
3. Rose's: I'm not sure if this store is everywhere, but this is  definitely a great place to go for bathroom essentials.
4. Hobby Lobby/ Michael's/ Jo Ann's: Great place to look for storage bins for your dorm and also DIY decor projects supplies, like my DIY Flower Initial  on my blog. These craft stores always have coupons on their site, so definitely check out their website. 



Just remember to keep track of all your receipts, so if you find an item somewhere else that you liked more or even for a better price, you can take the other item back.

If you are attending an out of state college/university and need moving boxes, instead of buying them, you can ask employees of the stores for their boxes that they are not using anymore. This will be helpful when you start packing your items for school.




Comment below some of you all tips for college dorm shopping.

Livin' & Stylin'

Sheika

Hebrews 6:19




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...