Sunday, July 17, 2016

Wake Up America

Curiano Quotes Life - Quote, Love Quotes, Life Quotes, Live Life Quote, and Letting Go Quotes. Visit this blog now Curiano.com:



If you have been watching the news or even scrolling through social media, you've probably seen the massive posts about #blacklivematters and different videos of police brutality circulating. I always want to instill positivity on my blog and in real life so I know it would be hard to publish this post, but I did not want to ignore the fact that this is happening in America today. If you did happen to see the videos, you would know that it is sickening to see and I personally was heartbroken to see that happened. From the past week of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile to cops being shot, enough is enough. I pray that the Lord would remove the hatred from people's hearts and instill peace.

  I definitely don't want this post to be about a race issue or even targeting cops because that is not what I intend to do. The quote above is a great one because if we do want to end what is happening, we as Americans , need to come together and stay together while working together. I remember when I was younger I used to look up to policemen because they are the ones to protect us. Now, as I am older I do not feel as protected which is scary; to know I am living in a place where I do not feel protected by the people whose job is to protect All Americans while still abiding by the laws that are set. 

I know I don't have all the right words to say about what's is happening now, but I feel the need to speak up because I have not really spoken out about this subject. I am not trying to tell you how you should feel about this subject, but We Need Justice. 

This poem below  by Javon Jackson definitely touches my heart. I've seen too many Facebook posts about women posting that they fear having and raising a black boy in America, which definitely should not be the case. 








Prayers for the whole world!
Stay Woke!

Livin' & Stylin'

Sheika

Hebrews 6:19



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...