Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back to School | Make the Most of Senior Year

As you may or may not know, I graduated high school this past May, and I'm off to college in just a couple of days. Senior year can be a fun year or stressful year depending on how you spend your time.  So I have some tips and advice to share with you all to make the most of senior year. 

1. Senioritis is real, Do not catch it 
Boy, can I tell you that senioritis is real, and unfortunately I caught it earlier.  Senioritis is basically when you are just done with high school and just don't care anymore.  Especially, once I got accepted into college, I felt like I was  completely done with anything and everything. But, you still need to be productive and try not to fall into this trap. 

2. Spend time with your close friends
Your friends and you may not be attending the same college/ university so you might as well spend as much time with them as possible. This is especially crucial because that is when you become even closer. For me I went to the same school for SEVEN WHOLE YEARS because it was a magnet middle and high school combined. So the friends I had senior year been with me from 6th grade so it is especially hard on me when we depart out separate ways in the fall. 

3. Take Pictures, Take Pictures, Take a lot of Pictures
Senior year is full of exciting events happening, and who would want to forget these memorable moments. So go ahead snap a few or even a few hundreds of pictures. These are the key moments in your life, so capture it. You definitely want to look back on this year in the future. 

4. Do your college applications early
If the college you plan on applying to have a early action and your SAT and/or ACT scores are up to par, apply to college early. Keep in mind that early decision is BINDING meaning if accepted you have to attend that university/college. But, early action just means that the college/university lets you know your acceptance status earlier than regular admissions and it is not binding. You wouldn't want to be bog down with college applications that you can't enjoy your senior year and all the events that come with it.  Also knowing your college acceptance status, helps you decide which college/ university you wan to attend earlier. 

5. Apply to Scholarship, Trust me you want to
Many seniors procrastinate or even don't apply to scholarships because there is an essay involved. And who would want to write another essay that is not mandatory for school, right? Wrong.  Apply to scholarships because this will definitely help you out in college. Trust  me, a $500 scholarship doesn't sounds much, but ever bit helps. Even when I applied to scholarships, and didn't get it, I kept on applying. There are so many scholarships out there for so many things, just google them.

6. Have fun and enjoy yourself
Even when times becomes stressful, just remember to smile.  Senior year happens once in a lifetime, so enjoy it while you can because it truly does go by fast. I could not believe when May rolled around and my name was being called to walk across the stage; when it just felt as though senior year was beginning. 







Livin' & Stylin'

Sheika

Hebrews 6:19 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...