Thursday, July 31, 2014

No Sew DIY Pocket Tee

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Hey everyone.! This is a super fun and easy and fun DIY and I got this idea from  from Samantha's(videogirl131) video "DIY POCKET TEE
NO SEW"on Youtube. If you all go to her video she explained in greater 
details how you can achieve this DIY, too. I simply recreated the look for you all today and listed below are the supplies and steps needed. Enjoy.!



{Supplies}


1. Tee-Shirt: Just a plain tee-shirt (any color of your choice,of course). I got this navy tee shirt from Walmart ( $3.98) in the Men's section. 
2: Cardboard: I ripped a piece of cardboard from a package I got earlier and if you look at videogirl131 Youtube video you will be able to find the right measurements. Also, you can make your own measurements depending on how big/small you would like the pocket to be because you will be using this cardboard to trace onto the fabric. 
3: Fabric: This is a scrap fabric that I already had from previous DIYs. You can find some fabric from Hobby Lobby, Michael's, or even Jo-Ann  for a good deal and for some super cute patterns. 
4: Sisscors: Just to cut the cardboard and fabric. Any good pair will do. :)
5: Fabric Glue/Liquid Stitch: I got this from Hobby Lobby( $5.49); you will be needing this to glue down the edges on the pocket and glue the pocket on the shirt which creates the no sewing part of this DIY.


{STEPS}

So trace the outline of the cardboard pocket onto the fabric with a pen.
Here, just cut around the pen outline of the fabric leaving enough space to fold over the excess.
So I'm taking my Liquid Stitch(fabric glue) and applying that on the lines that I drew and folding the excess fabric over that line.
After you glue down all the excess fabric over the lines, let it dry for a few minutes; then you should have a completed pocket that will look similar to this. 
Next, I tried on the shirt and played around with the pocket to see what position I wanted it at. After deciding the position (left chest area) I made these simply marks(as shown with arrows) with a marker, so when I take the shirt off I'll know where to put the pocket. 
Finally, I aligned the pocket with the marks I had previously made and glued down all the sides, except for the top. Also, I folded the tip of the pocket so that the pocket is now rounded. 
This is me with the completed DIY tee-shirt on.

Hope you all enjoyed this post.!
Feel free to comment and ask questions. 

Livin' & Stylin',
Sheika 
Hebrews 6:19 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...